Those of us who live in the snowy regions of North America tend to have a desire to get away from the snow and cold for at least a little while. As the weeks become months, the need for families to go on vacation can be strong!
Some families prefer the ski trip kind of vacation. Personally, I would go somewhere nice and warm right now, so my top 5 winter vacation picks for families, in no particular order, are:
1) Mexico: I’ve known a number of families to go on vacation to Mexico, kids being of varying ages. All-inclusive resorts seem to be the way to go when you go to Mexico rather than picking a hotel. You tend to get a lot of bang for your buck that way. Cancun, with its proximity to the Mayan Riviera, has been a favourite place to stay given all the activities you can do.
2) Hawaii: I love Hawaii. I’ve been twice, both as a teenager, and we are currently working out our plan to go there as a family. Maui is a particular favourite of mine, which also happens to be what most of my friends have loved, too. That said, the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu is absolutely amazing and I highly recommend it. Honestly, to get away during the winter, any one of the islands would make a good choice!
3) Costa Rica: People who go to Costa Rica tend to fall in love with it the way they fall in love with Hawaii. I know one person who went to both as a teen and it was hard to decide which one was preferred. Like Hawaii, you get the tropical location, amazing beaches and fascinating wildlife with the amazing local culture around you.
4) Disneyland or Disney World: Both Los Angeles and Orlando are nice and warm this time of year. Add to the fact that it’s not too far to travel to and the fun that is to be had, this makes it a great place to go in the winter.
5) Cayman Islands: This is a vacation spot that keeps popping up lately. After having a look at pictures and websites, I understand why! The area is absolutely gorgeous, giving you amazing beaches and so much for families to do. Absolutely beautiful winter location for a family vacation.
There you are, my top 5 picks (this year) for a winter family vacation! What would be your top 5 picks?